Member Monday with Zoe Nemburt

This week's Layout of the Week (LOTW)was chosen by Zoe Nemburt. She chose the LO below by Melanie Harris.

Here's what Zoe had to say: “I chose this layout this week for the beautiful distressing. I absolutely adore the layers of distressed papers. It’s amazing. Thank you Melanie for sharing your work with us.”



Zoe asked Melanie a couple of questions so we could get to know her better and here's what she had to say.

"Thanks so much Zoe, you have made my day."

Tell us a bit about yourself. What got you started in scrapbooking?
My name is Melanie and I live in Australia with my husband and our two children. I have always been interested in photography so wanted to find a hobby that incorporated my photographs, travel mementos as well as being able to tell the story.

I have never been artistic but the joy of scrapbooking means that even people that aren't naturally talented at art can create beautiful keepsake pages as well as enjoying themselves in the process.

My mum and I had never heard of scrapbooking until we saw a beginner class advertised in the stamping shop window. We went in to ask what it was, booked into the class and 7 years later are still scrapbooking. I have also done classes in watercolour painting and stamping so I try to incorporate them into my pages.

Now that I think about it, I was always collector of travel memorabilia so scrapbooking was just my call.



2) What three supplies would you not scrap without?
I love simple, linear pages and use minimal embellishments so I would have to say patterned paper, cardstock and Thickers. I find I use patterned paper in layers and create all the dimension I need that way.


3) What are your favorite products and manufacturers?
I have a love for shabby chic products so Pink Paislee, Prima and Webster's Pages are my first choice but I also love the grunginess of Basic Grey and Making Memories.

3 comments:

Adriana - DRIARTE said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Love the colors!!!

Kathy Martin said...

Terrific beach page!

Melanie H said...

Thanks so much Zoe for picking my page, this is one of my favourite pages in 2010.

Thanks for the kind comments Adriana and Kathy.