Technique Tuesday with Zoe Nemburt

Hi ladies I hope you all had an amazing weekend probably recovering from eating too much Turkey ;-) I wanted to share today a couple of layouts I made from 2” scraps. I loved the Porcelain Collection from BG when it came out. I had 2 of each paper and have done several layouts with it and even made a paper cake. I kept all the scraps, some were not much more than 3x2inches, so I went through my pile of scraps and cut 2 inch squares and punched circles and butterflies from whatever I could. It’s amazing what you can achieve with just a few scraps. I made this frame first, the frame itself cost around $3 in a clearance stor. I used Kraft paper in the background and added some AMM Vintage Lace, so I went ahead and started to layer pinking circle, circle 2 butterflies and then a pearl I added dimensional foam dots in between the first 2 layers.

So here is the finished product.






So then with the 2 inch squares I had I inked all the edges and created a quilted pattern on my kraft cardstock. I added a little glue behind them, you don’t need much just enough to hold down while stitching. I machine stitch so I stitched the border first in a regular straight stitch and then stitched a zig zag stitch between each quilted square, added some lace and a little stamping and voila!! It’s actually really easy to achieve and looks great when it’s finished.





No comments: