Member Monday with Staci Taylor

Happy Member Monday blog readers! This week's Layout of the Week was chosen by Staci Taylor. She chose the layout below by Tara Orr.

"Wedded Bliss" by Tara Orr

How about getting to know Tara a little better. Read on for a little interview Staci had with Tara.

1. Can you explain the process you used to design this layout? I guess the main inspiration for the project was drawn from the photo itself. I wanted to keep it soft and romantic so I chose the softer peaches and neutral colours that would compliment her skin tone. I fell in love with the die cut from Anna Griffin and knew it was meant for a wedding layout. Lots of layering and distressing of the papers helped to tie in with the whole shabby chic feel.

2. Do you have a favorite color combination to use when scrapping? Hmmm, I don't have a favourite colour combo per se, I tend to be drawn more to the actual paper itself - its pattern, colour, texture, etc. If I totally fall in love with a particular patterned paper I try to match complimentary papers to it and then photos as well. I do tend to be drawn to the more 'washed out' and 'worn' looking types of papers with a comfy sort of feel. Definitely a rustic/vintage kind gal.

3. What is a scrappy item that you could not live without? I love to add flowers to my layouts and really enjoy fussy cutting certain elements within patterned papers but the one item I simply could not do without is my edge scraper - JUST LOVE IT!

4. You mentioned that your layout was a gift for your brother and sister-in-law. What was their reaction when you gave it to them? My sister in law seemed quite pleased with the layout saying, "Wow, you should charge people for this kind of thing - it's so beautiful." (Wouldn't that be nice eh?). My brother in law gave the typical guy response of, "Yea, its nice." ... Um, yea - you're welcome (LOL).

Thanks for the inspiration ladies. Leave Tara some love on this post of on her layout in the gallery by clicking the layout title above.

No comments: