Design Team Challenge with Karen Grunberg

Today we are going to take a look at a couple layouts from people who participated in Karen's "Use Your Words" design team challenge. The challenge, which runs through this Saturday, is to create a layout where the journaling is the focus.

When asked how she incorporates so much heart felt journaling on her layouts, Karen said, "I always do my journaling first. I pick my photos, my stories and then I write them down. Then I sit to do the layout. in the BPS class I teach this is one of the first things I tell my class, if you want to write better and more, promote the journaling to be a first class citizen by doing it first and not as an afterthought. it's my opinion of course, i am sure many others have other systems. this is what works for me."

First up is this layout by AMM member, Tagnia Clark. This layout is about the youth pastor at her church who recently left after 17 years of service. She created this layout as a tribute to him.
"Thank You" by Tagnia Clark


This next layout is by design team member Kat Glossop. Kat not only journaled, but the second part of the challenge was to use an imperfect photo.
"World of Laughter" by Kat Glossop



If you would like to participate, be sure to upload your entry to the thread here and the gallery by Saturday. A new challenge will be coming on Sunday from Jeni Boisvert, so check the Challenges forum next week.

No comments: