Technique Tuesday with Mia Caniza

Dimensional Glue
I’m sure you all have heard of this stuff and maybe have used it on some pages. It’s more commonly known as Ranger Glossy Accents, Judikins Diamond Glaze, and Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer. I’ve had them in my stash for a while and have only recently brought them back out to rediscover the joys of these dimensional glues.


I’ve tried all 3 and my personal fave would have to be the one from Sakura. Why? Well, it’s got a fine tip for detailed projects which is awesome in my book. An added plus is that it dries faster than the other 2 brands. I’ll be showing you a couple projects below where I used some dimensional glue so you can see the effects it has.

On the front cover of my bingo mini album, I used some dimensional glue in the centers of the flowers to give it an added finish. I also used some dimensional glue on the small round Pink Paislee letters, which made them look like they were pebbles.


Here’s another image of the dimensional glue on the circle alpha stickers.


On this page of the mini, I used it on top of the painted Pink Paislee letters, again for a finished look. I also used it on the Cosmo Cricket cut out pencil for some dimension.


Here, I added the glue to the letters on the Sassafras sticker as well as the outline of the arrow.


Here’s a better view of the glue on the painted Pink Paislee alpha stickers.


On my recent “Be Better Than Yourself” layout, I used the dimensional glue on top of some Stickles on this damask chipboard piece. I also added it to the top of painted foam Thickers.

I also added it to the top of this chipboard flower strip and the Basic Grey alphas for dimension.

I hope these examples inspire you to bring out your dimensional glue or to buy some if you don’t have any yet. They are seriously a whole lot of fun and a great way to add dimension and finish your project.

No comments: