Technique Tuesday with Wendela Lam!

Summertime….
Here in the Netherlands, it's almost summer!! In the summertime I love the sunny days, the long evenings, and I love to make some romantic things for the garden. So I made this hanger you can put a candle in. Isn't it romantic?

Materials you need to complete the project:
A little jar
Alcohol ink
Tulle
Ribbon or lace
A Hambly overlay with butterflies
Hambly papers
Some tiny roses


Here are the steps:
1. You ink the jar like this with the alcohol ink.

2. After that you cut off a line of the beautiful Hambly papers and distress this with a tool ( I used my Heidi Swapp distresser)

3. Then you ink the Hambly butterfly overlay.

4. Next, you cut out the butterflies and put it all together on the jar. First I used a little piece of tule then the paper. After that the lace making a firm bow. Then you can add the tiny roses and the butterflies. To finish it all off, I put some stickles on the butterflywings.

5. With iron wire, you wrap it around the top of the jar a few times and add a few spirals to hang up your altered summer jar.

No comments: